Even if you haven’t been following world news the last couple of months, you may have noticed a shortage of toilet paper this weekend while shopping. That’s all due media attention on COVID-19.
Our goal at P3 is to be a source of education and action for your health.
Here’s the scoop on COVID-19, aka the Coronavirus. The main concern is for individuals with suppressed immune systems, like the elderly and people with chronic illness. It is passed between people who are in close contact with one another (within 6 feet) and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land on people and surfaces and be inhaled into the lungs.
Symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to the flu. Within two to fourteen days after exposure people can experience fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Then the virus can move into the lungs and cause respiratory concerns that can ultimately turn into pneumonia and for high-risk individuals can result in death.
We know reading, “can result in death” may invoke anxiety and
stress. That is not our intention. Again, the risk of death is for individuals
that are already immune compromised.
Let’s focus on what you, your loved ones, and community can do to support our immune systems and live a life that reduces the risk of contracting COVID-19, and other viruses for that matter.
Wash your hands with soap for a full 20-seconds.
- Build the habit when you arrive to your destination and leave to wash your hands. Consider lotion if hands are getting dry or cracked to maintain a strong skin barrier.
Do not use hand sanitizer.
- We do not recommend hand sanitizer as it dries the skin and hand washing does a better job at killing microbes. Keep reading to see what we recommend below.
Limit sugar since it feeds viruses and bacteria.
- Limit sugar intake, yes, alcohol counts as a sugar. For overall health limiting sugar is beneficial. For viruses it is critical. Sugar hinders our immune system’s ability to work at optimal capacity.
Do not touch your face.
- Remember viruses are transmitted through particles from person-to-person. This can be from a cough/sneeze or touching common surfaces and then touching your face (mouth, nose or eyes). Keeping your hands away from your face and washing them often will reduce your risk.
- If the weather is warm enough, we encourage natural ventilation. Get air circulating in your home, office, etc.
- If you feel like you are starting to become sick, rest. Your body needs to focus on fighting off the foreign invader.
Optional: Wear a mask.
- Masks are best used for those that are sick to help them from spreading the virus. But it can help to not touch your face while wearing one. Make sure you are wearing the mask properly, so particles are staying out of your mouth and nose.
Increasing antioxidants and supplement support can be critical to keep you healthy during this time.
At P3 we have put together a COVID-19 supplement bundle.
- Briotech Topical Skin Spray – Use as a hand and surface sanitizer. Spray the solution onto a cloth and wipe down common surfaces like phones, headphones, doorknobs, computer mouse, etc.
- EHB from Integrative Therapeutics – This product packs a punch with Vitamin A, C, and Zinc along with other immune supporting properties.
- L-Glutathione from Ortho Molecular – Is the ultimate antioxidant and support for your immune system.
- Biocidin from Bio-Botanical – Supports the microbiome to lower infections and inflammation through a combination of botanical medicines.
- Zinc Supreme by Designs for Health – Can give added Zinc support for immune health. Our recommendation when adding zinc to your routine is to evaluate all supplements to assess how much zinc you are taking in total.
For prevention we recommend:
- Briotech Topical Skin Spray – Use as needed
- L-Glutathione from Ortho Molecular – 1 capsule per day
- EHB from Integrative Therapeutics – 3 capsules per day
- Zinc Supreme from Designs for Health – 1 capsule per day with food
- Goal for total Zinc is around 30-60mg for prevention
When symptoms start to occur:
Call your medical provider for further examination. Please note that the following doses should only be followed for two weeks max.
- Briotech Topical Skin Spray – Use as needed
- L-Glutathione from Ortho Molecular – 1 to 3 capsules per day
- EHB from Integrative Therapeutics – 3 capsules per day, three to four times per day, with or without food
- Biocidin from Bio-Botanical – Work up to 10 drops 3 times per day (30 drops total), take 30 minutes before meals
- Zinc Supreme from Designs for Health – 1-2 capsules per day with food
- Goal for total Zinc is around 60-90mg for immune support
We encourage those of you that are on biologic medication (used for treatment of ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis and other autoimmune diseases) to be aggressive in your prevention.
For P3 members, you can come by the office (Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm) to purchase supplements or call/text the office and we will place the order on your Fullscripts account for delivery.
For more information about COVID-19 check out The Centers for Disease Control.
Tell us… What are you doing to keep your immune system in tip top shape?